In uMarketingSuite 1.17 several features and improvements have been added.
It is now possible to verify if your Personalizations are actually effective because you have the possibility to compare this to the newly introduced control group. We also added the new tab Location within Analytics where you can see where your visitors are actually coming from on country and city level.
Next to the above features and improvements we also added better support for Umbraco v9 and some bugfixes.
Control Group within Personalization
How can you measure the effectiveness of your Personalization? You need to compare the conversion and/or behavior between the personalized- and non-personalized variant. This can be done using the new Control Group feature within Personalization Segments.
When creating a new segment it is possible to set the Control group size. By default this is 20%.
Setting the Control Group size to 20% (default) means that 80% will see the personalization that is active and that 20% will be part of the segment but will not see the actual personalization.
After setting up a segment it is not possible to change the percentage as this will influence the running statistics. In one of the coming uMarketingSuite releases we will add the new reporting functionality where you can see al insights of the active personalizations in relation to the control group.
Analytics - IP to location
In the IP to location feature we have added support for external ip to location providers. When this is implemented you can see data appearing in the tab Location within the Analytics module. By default a drill-down from country to city is possible.
Read all the details about this implementation on our documentation portal.
Bugfixes / improvements
- Unhandled controller exception occurred for request
- Umbraco 9 + uMarketingSuite: Assets not browsable
- Umbraco 9 + uMarketingSuite: Clean removes license file
- Time-out when loading Unscored campaigns
- X-Forwarded-Forheader will be used for determining client IP in cdn/loadbalanced/proxy environments
- Boot failed after moving to Azure SQL < S3
- Only count visitor type person within A/B tests
- PersonaService.ScorePersona does not update profile in cache
If you find any bugs? Please report them to us on Github: https://github.com/uMarketingSolutions/uMarketingSuite
Obtaining a license
Check out our pricing page on uMarketingSuite.com for a complete overview of the available bundles and pricing. Interested in becoming a uMarketingSuite partner with a lot of partner benefits? Go to our partner page.
What is next?
We are working on:
- Reporting for Personalization
- Cockpit UI improvements
- Profile performance improvements
- Marketing Automation designs